Codes and Ordinances
Siegel Planning Services LLC is a leader in development code reform. Scot Siegel, AICP LEED AP, has served as a state of Oregon code consultant since 1998. He has received the following awards and honors for his work on innovative codes:
- American Society of Consulting Planners, Smart Growth-Sustainability Award, for the Oregon Model Development Code for Small Cities
- Betty Niven Award for Distinguished Leadership in Affordable Housing, American Planning Association-Oregon Chapter, 2010, awarded to City of Newberg for Affordable Housing Plan
- Utah Chapter of the American Planning Association, Outstanding Achievement, for the Logan City Land Development Code
- Smart Growth Idaho, Policy Planning, for the City of McCall Zoning Ordinance Rewrite
- Oregon Main Street Program – Outstanding Design Project, for the City of Sandy “Gateway to Mount Hood” Design Standards and Facade Improvement Program
Mr. Siegel has worked with over 70 communities in Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Colorado, Utah, Alaska and Arizona in modernizing local land use and development codes. He has also produced several model ordinances for the State of Oregon, including the Commercial and Mixed-Use Development Handbook, the Infill and Redevelopment Handbook, and the award-winning Small Cities Model Code. These documents can be viewed at: www.lcd.state.or.us/LCD/TGM/publications.shtml.